Moments In Time

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Wierd, wacky wonderful day!!

Called Pam today, and guess what??? Her mailbox was FULL (now, that is one popular lady!!)

We started off running today (dishes, laundry, mopping floors, folding and putting away towels and daily swapout of hand towels, and ETC!)...well, we progressed to gas (I got soaked by a drizzle that reminded me of sleet the way it was blowing!!) All this is not bad, but we were going to the college (Clearwater Christian) for piano. We chose not to have lunch, but we did sit in the dining hall and fellowship with friends on staff. We always linger after lunch (piano ends at 1:15)
and talk to my friend who is the receptionist. When anyone approaches her desk, we move to the side and allow her to give directions. Two gentlemen came and one introduced himself as the president of Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary..(I gasped...I have missed my son sooo much and this was the closest we had a connection for four months!!) My friend's younges son and my son were roomies for two years at college, and have been friends throughout youthgroup, too. She looked at me with a smile and motioned as he turned to see what had evoked that response in me! Of course, I told him my son was in his charge and introduced myself and my daughters.. We had a pleasant conversation---he spoke well of my son...Such a nice approachable man---so is Dr. Stratton at Clearwater! Also, Holly Stratton is a wonderful ladies meeting speaker and I love her dearly--she is living right where we are!!!

Anyway, I called my son (after Dr. Harbin had left) and asked if there was anything hw should tell me before Dr. Harbin could and he said he didn't think he new him that well.. Then I asked if there were things I should tell him...to which he replied that he would leave it to my discretion. Well, of course I replied that he needed the biography and I would happily fill in the blanks! Bet he is horrified!) Oh yes, I knew the fellow with him's brother --the brother was Derek's RA the first two years at CCC--small world!)...Can you imagine ---all this distance--18 days and counting down! Sometimes you just have to touch them and see them for yourself!

Went to Sams and couldn't get a camera--all out ---wanted to dwnload life for yall!--J.C. Penney and bought a couple of clearance items (for a gift)...oh yeah, got four gifts at Sam's for affordable prices!! What a surprising day....

For you Jackie: We had dill chicken breasts, rice pilaf, and steamed mixed veggies for dinner!

will forward some recipes soon! Also, International Mall has a winter wonderland with fake snow falling inside this bubble igloo....they alway have such beautiful Christmas displays!!Plus, their Dillard's have great clearance sales!!

Oh yes, Pam and I have made a pact to try to get to church tomorrow nite---that or if we aren't well, we will meet at Dairy Queen!! I love it when there is a plan!! LOL--did I fail to mention we know the owner and his family of Dairy Queen ---he owns the Tampa Palms one, too!!

Blessings---and keep blogging---it is a chap therapy!

3 Comments:

  • Why wasn't I invited to Dairy Queen?? Waaa....Elena and I didn't make it to church due to diaper rash. (Her's not mine! Hee hee) I would love to have your recipe for rice pilaf, it's one of Bri's favorites, and I've never made it! Shame on me!!
    Ahhh...Dillards. I have a feeling you and I would be great shopping buddies. Dillards is my favorite store in the US!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:23 PM  

  • P.S. Thanks for the spelling disclaimer...I was wondering what "chap" therapy was!!! ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 PM  

  • oh Pat you are a riot! And Jackie's remark questioning "chap"therapy had me chuckling out loud here at 3:09 a.m! Did you all see where I spelled stupid wrong on one of the comments I left about Pat's grand-daughter? Jackie-I loved your remark about diaper rash being Elena's not yours! Maybe she needs some of Pat's "chap" therapy! Love You Pat!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home