Moments In Time

Sunday, November 26, 2006

My Reason

As I post, I am still in pain. Worse today adn I knew anyone with cologne on at church would make me throw up. I am sensitive to smells---I cover my face and nose when i go out with even a slight headache. My husband has brought me home from church in the middle before because of perfumes....I am tying to feel bettr enough to go to my son's for lunch this afternoon....and of course to see my DIL and granddaughter (We have not talked to her since she went to Disney last weekend!!) My son leaves in a couple of days to go to South Africa for at least ten days, so we alway get togethr before he leaves the country (Maybe I should see about trips to Venezuela and Paraguay.....we could send a little love with him!!)

Anyway, as I sit her in my pj's (also a plus of homeschooling is to stay in them all day!!) and as the Lord and I talk today, I am reminded of the words to a song:



I could not do without thee,Oh Savior of the lost,
Whose precious blood redeemed me,at such tremendous cost,
Thy righteousness, Thy Pardon,Thy precious blood must be
My only hope and comfort,My Glory and my plea

I could not do without theeI cannot stand alone.
I have no strength or goodness,no wisdom of my own.
But Thou beloved Savior,Art all in all to me
And weakness will be powerIf leaning hard on Thee

I could not do without Thee,O Jesus Saviour, dear;
E’en when my eyes are ‘holden,I know that Thou art near.
How dreary and how lonelyThis changeful life would be
Without the sweet communion,the secret rest with Thee!

I could not do without Thee,For years are fleeting fast,
And soon in solemn loneness,The river must be passed.
But Thou wilt never leave me,And though the waves roll high,
I know that Thou wilt be near me,
And whisper, “It is I.”






I know I never walk in this pilgrimage alone!!

May you feel this presence as you walk today!!


3 Comments:

  • Sorry to hear you still have the headache. I hope you still were able to visit with your son and family. And yyeah, he evr comes to Venezuela, we have an extra room. Not many gringos coming this way anymore.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:46 PM  

  • The same invite is open in Paraguay. I have an extra room to, and this country actually likes gringos! ;-) Sorry about the head...praying that you feel better soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 PM  

  • So does this mean you weren't in church this morning either? Pastor is going to think you and I were out Christmas shopping or something!! just kidding! But last time I was sick and missed, you did too!!I hope you feel better. Tell us all about the lunch if you got to go. Once again, because of actually feeling pretty good, still have pain, but not in agony, I don't want to go to bed! Is that crazy?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home