Moments In Time

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Getting to know me

I am a stay at home Mom of five children. I have been married almost 29 years to a guy who was a neighbor. (My best friend in high school lived across the street and I cut through his yard to go to her home .....)My youngest tells me I am 35 so, I will go with that!! (LOL)

My oldest, Josh, is 27, married and has a 3 1/2 year old daughter. And, I am blessed to
let you know we will be having another grandchild in eary June (due date 8th)..
Madysen, my granddaughter, who is quite the conversationalist, informed her preschool
teacher the baby is a boy and his name will be Emily......hmmm...time will tell
Josh, my son, travels the world for business, and loves cultures and foods from them..
Tracy, my daughter in law is quite the decorator and does crafts and makes jewelry from
gemstones. Josh plays the banjo and sings well (has in church in the past but working out of the country limits that!)

My second born,Derek, is 23 and currently in Pennsylvania at Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary, with 21/2 years more before his M.Div. (He is "seeing" the Pastor/Administrator of the smeinary's daughter who is a 5th grade school teacher. I beg him not to be a sermon illustration in any manner!! He is a fun lovin guy with a great but misunderstood sense of humor. He has traveled to China and Argentina and Nova Scotia as well as Idaho and Utah for missions trips , usually alone, and feels called to the mission field. He is not afraid to plant trees, pass out 5000 tracts or fix a littl girl's pig tails for her. He speaks Spanish and keeps in touch with many people he has worked alongside or students he tutored. He is an accomplised violinist who has played his violin on street corners in New York City (another mission trip he took twice, witnessing to thousands!!) as well as for the Argentines. He currently has played in several churches and helps with a Youth Group there. He also plays guitar and piano. He sings well and has with choir and school groups. He played in the chamber and strings orchestra.

My third is a son, Aaron, is 21 and works currently with his dad after some college. He is gifted in many areas and makes friends easily. He is fun loving and an accomplice to his older brother!! He has many battle scars from paintball, airsoft (you get the pic) and recently went skydiving
with friends,(Both his older brothers were sad not to go with him!!!) He loves cars and knows them inside and out. He is tender and compassionate. He plays mandolin. He has been on missions trips to Mexico. He participated in the countrywide high school competetion singing in an ensemble. He sang in church choir for a couple of years. He and Derek have brought us to tears laughing at their antics at times!!

My oldest daughter, Miriam is 16 and LOVES the piano. God has given her a gift. When she was seven she told the teacher she wanted to play for "big church", and used her talents for the Lord. She is homeschooled and a junior in high school. She makes jewelry and sells it. She does pedicures and massages as a home business. She makes her own bath salts and scrubs and soaks (all natural, of course).... She also plays the clarinet. She is quick witted and we laugh alot together.

Our youngest is Rachel, who is 14 is a joy who makes us all laugh. She reminds us that she is the baby, and we HAVE to love her!! She also is a pianist and plays in church. She loves to play games and endures school (she is having a gret year!!) . She babysits, helps her sister with pedicures and does chores for neighbors and friends as her little income! I am sure she will be a great mom when she grows up---just by her interaction with children. She has an eye for flair, and she and her sister help me do banquets, weddings and receptions and teas. They are great help!! Oh yes, she was born at home assisted by a midwife--my easiest delivery! She is our fashion advisor.

I have two babies in heaven. One a boy, the other I do not know.

ALL my children love babies, and want several of their own!

We have homeschooled for twenty years. Guess truly as long as I have had children, we have been a homeschooling family. By grace and the tutelage of my children, I have become computer savvy---still need help, though.

I am one of eight children -#4, and have taken care of my Mother until the past year.
I have four brothers and three sisters. I am the only church attending, serving Christian--they all claim to be saved. They all do good works and reach out to help others.

I was born in Johnson City Tennessee, and moved from Elizabethton, Tennessee when I was fifteen years old with my parents. I finished my last two years of school here.My most memorable school endeavor in Tennessee was to take Spanish (the hillbilly accent sure was humorous!!)

I love to sing, but do not "formally" read music and play a few songs by ear on the piano. My husband is the talented one; he plays the guitar and trumpet. I have sang for years in church choirs.

I love medicine/the human body....I have read ALOT and study natural healing/herbs. I would love to assit on the mission field (at least short term someday)!! I love watching surgeries on TV and have an e- subscription to a well known medical newsletter with all the extras.

We kinda are loners--we do not fit in with our unsaved family, and our family, their character, morals and desire to serve God are VERY IMPORTANT to us.

We are not perfect--FAR FROM IT---but we are moving one step at a time in a heavenly direction.

Hope you know a little about me now ..............

3 Comments:

  • Wow Pat! I am so honored to know you. This has been great reading! I would like to make an appointment for a pedicure please! I didn't know that about your girls! I did know they were all musical. I am so happy you did this because it will give a snapshot of your family to all your faithful readers!! Yea! I can finally say that becasue---Pat has a blog! This has inspired me to write more details about my family. I think we forget how much we have accomplished in life until we see it on paper! Or in writing!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 AM  

  • Loved reading about your family! So cool. I loved the line about your son loving to fix girls ponytails. How sweet. You are certainly blessed, and you know it! Isn't it great being saved and having a Christian family?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 AM  

  • I want to meet all of you! Sounds like God has blessed and allowed you to raise some great chidren. What a joy. And an encouragement to the younger wives and mothers, it can be done . With the Lords help. That is the key. You sound like a very interesting person. I think my husband would have a lot in commom with you,too. And tell your son, about the pony tails, that my husband does all the braids and fancy dos for our girls.Always has.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home