Moments In Time

Friday, November 24, 2006

Walk with Joy(Yes, I am talking to myself, too!!)

Well, I want you all to know I did end up cooking some---(I mean after all, I have done this for YEARS)....A friend gave me a turkey to cook for her---she like to cook everything on high and is amazed at the rich brow color everything has!!) Her name is Anita--pray for her I am trying to get her back into church and to realize your self sufficiency only carries you so far!! Anyway, I made the trukey, homemade cornbread dressing, fresh greenbeans (thanks for snapping them Miriam Esther and Rachel Abigail!! (Just like their names--they were not in trouble!), gravy from scratch, two pumpkin pies and two chocolate chip pecan. Of course, this afternoon, I took ALL we did not eat to her home and left it for her---she will get it when she returns from work.
By the way, Jackie, the turkey was organic!


As I was reflecting last night, I thought about the following saying:

Enjoy the journey as well as the arrival at your destination.

Of course, this refers to the Christian walk and our arrival in heaven...How often others steal our joy and we are in a less than joyous walk....There's where my reference to P{salm 100 comes into play!! Read it!! Take it to heart!! May it encourage your heart....and may you share that hope that is within you with others!

PRAYER REQUESTS:

My Migraine would go away (spent alot of the day in bed, but had to do a couple of errands)

My children would seek the Lord with all their being and serve him.

My son , Derek, would have a burning desire to serve the Lord wherever HE sends him. I know he has the desire, but I want that BURNING part to be evident.

I have an unspoken one I cannot mention; I trust all of you---I made a promise!



That's all for now--

Blessings to all of you adn your families!

3 Comments:

  • I like the way you use your blog to preach to yourself. It is very inspiring to me. I am so happy you cooked! You said you cooked "somes". Wow! What would LOTS be??? Love you Pat and I tll want that burning desire in my boys!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 PM  

  • Organic turkey...how cool. I will be praying for your requests. Thanks for posting...I get to know you better. So fun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:38 AM  

  • You had a great insight. we willbe praying for all of this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home