Moments In Time

Thursday, April 05, 2007

No dress yet....I am wearing old stuff for this wedding and rehersal, and then on Sunday.....I am the reception coordinator and will most likely have to be the wedding coordinator!!
But as far as OUR wedding, NO DRESS!!!! Must I call Omar the tent maker???

A friend said that women of color always dress to the 9's, so I should hand out at the mall and question one as to where great plus size dresses can be purchased...(Can you tell she never graces the mall unless we make her and accompany her at Christmas???)........the same one said I should not wear black---who does she think she is?? Black hides a multitude of me!!

I have not been looking anymore; must get through this wedding of a friend's son the weekend.
Pew bows made (check) receptionhall decorated and setup (check) two wreath bows (semi check)...wash platters, put card box up, cut veggies, make dip......then on Sat....make grapes and cheese trays, arrange platters....arrange strawberries.....learn to work chocolate fountain and punch fountain.....find someone to make coffee in the auto 120 cup maker (WOW)....yeh, I am well on my way!!

Love it!! (Can't say much for ironing about 35 tablecloths today ---yes, my girls are helping!!)
And yes, WE WILL DO THIS AGAIN!!

Until after the I do's.......



Praying for yall!!

5 Comments:

  • Oh my Pat! You make my head spin! Do I know who is getting married this weekend? You all have had some super busy months! Unlike me, you must strive on it. God bless you girls!

    I read your comment to mom about her TEA she chuckled but made no comment. I think a nurse came in about that time.

    Thanks for your prayers dear friend. We really felt them today.

    Oh and your Omar the tent maker comment really made me smile!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:08 PM  

  • No, I do not believe you do---Josh Burgin. He is marrying a girl from Kahakistan(sp.) ....

    We are close to ready if I can just get the fountains (chocolate and punch to flow)!!

    By Blogger Memories for a Lifetime, at 7:20 PM  

  • my new site name is www.pinkandblackjunglebunny.blogspot.com

    By Blogger ~*♥Verja♥*~, at 6:00 PM  

  • When is the wedding? I remember trying to find a dress for jackie's wedding and then shoes that are dressy but wont leave you crippled!

    By Blogger Rita Loca, at 3:55 PM  

  • Rita,
    July 28th....that is the date.
    I have ordered a dress online and hope to see it soon (like tomorrow), and I have some white shoes, but think black will be a better match....I will see!
    If I were not looking for something specific, I could fine 50 of them!!

    By Blogger Memories for a Lifetime, at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home