Moments In Time

Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Sound

I realized a couple of days ago that i have been BUSY---sometimes too busy too slow down and listen and see!! After pondering some grass and its growth pattern in the yard when I realized something profound......their are areas that are fertilized in our lives (some we avoid) and then in the rest, there are random weeds and sparse grass to make it look almost overpowered in the areas that are thriving.....I am reminded that the heart issues erupt from the mouth. I am guilty of not letting God take care of something 100%....I add my two cents worth and then pray!!

Pastor stated last night the things that are joy robbers are: 1.)circumstances 2.)people 3.)things (material) 4.) worry
I confess that the past week ALL these things have affected me!! I cannot tell each of you all that is happening, but just yesterday, I gave it to the Lord and realized He has a plan to work it out, and if it is not the way I envision it, then so be it........I once heard that if you worry, you are telling God that He is not sufficient to handle your problems..........and I know that in my heart and life, but I try to work things out myself!!!

I also revisited my life verses yesterday:

PSALM 121 1) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help 2) My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth 3) He will not suffer thy foot to be moved:He that keepeth thee will not slumber 4) Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neithr slumber nor sleep 5) The Lord is thy (my) keeper, the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand
6) The sun shall not smite thee by day nor the moon by night 7) The Lord shall preserve thee from evil: He shall preserve thy soul 8) The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth and even for evermore.

Oh, that I could be still and hear THE SOUND of my Father's voice!

4 Comments:

  • I've also heard that worrying is telling God He doesn't know how to do His job. Thanks for sharing your heart with us here. I am so weak in some of the areas you and Pastor mentioned. I will do well for awhile, then fall back into self reliance! YIKES! I hate it when that happens. But we ahve a forgiving God. I am bery thankful for that.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:44 PM  

  • Proverbs 16;23-24. Ouch! Gulity as charged.

    By Blogger Rita Loca, at 4:47 PM  

  • You've known ppl that were suppoused to be in the towers? WOW!!! That's cool in a odd way kind of?!....

    By Blogger ISM, at 6:50 PM  

  • It's easy for me to sometimes confuse worry and fear with wisdom. Thinking I'm super spiritual by worrying over something, how foolish. Fear is not of God. When I remember that, I have immediate peace knowing that the ugly feeling of fear is not from God therefore I can stop!

    By Blogger Jackie, at 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home