Moments In Time

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

White as Snow

Yes, things are different in the NORTH!!

While riding around (in a rented car), there is snow all about....all along the road it is dirty, but in the yards and rooftops, it is WHITE and beautiful. We took time to visit a golf course yesterday,and enjoy the downhill possibilities of a fun time!! The kids and Keenan went soo fast from large hill to large hill.....The reason the snow accommodated this fast action, was because it had rained and refrozen over the snow the day before we came. So, it is slippery, which adds to the need for downhill speed.

We first tried out Derek's backyard...he was in class. My first few careful steps were fine (I had on tennis shoes), but I took my eyes off the ground for a while to focus on the camera....bot for the girls who were swinging on a swing and then they took off for the woods behind the house and shed. At that moment, BAM...I was down. And, yes, I was laughing SOOO hard I could not get up! No, I was not hurt, but we had a blast running into the woods and exploring in the snow.

My first impression of the snow was correlating it as God seeing my sin as white as snow....then after treading on it, I am reminded that it's all iced over on the top, and I can slip at any time....alll the beauty that entice me also has its dangers..... May I seek to stay where the ice is solid enough that God's love and forgiveness will keep my eyes focused on where I am going.

3 Comments:

  • Be careful, stay warm and have a great visit!

    By Blogger Kimberly, at 4:57 PM  

  • So good to hear from you! I'm all smiles and giggles! Your analogy of the snow and sin, excellent my friend! I hope you don't mind, but I did chuckle when I read your account of falling down in the snow! LOL I would love to have seen that and especially if you were laughing at yourself. That is the funniest part of it! I can't wait to hear all about everything! My thoughts and prayers are with you all. ENJOY EACH OTHER!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:09 PM  

  • I cant really imagine snow! It's nearly 100 degrees here.Very refreshing to read about it tho!

    By Blogger Rita Loca, at 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home