Moments In Time

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Full of Life or Full of Self??

Running in from the car with groceries yesterday, the Lord stopped me dead in my tracks on the porch!! No, no snakes, but something that needed my attention!! Plants! Plants???you ask, yes ones with beautifl delicate flowers!! They are called Heather. You see, it has been three or more years since I planted heather in my front flowerbeds. They are not cold hardy, and despite my efforts, some of them died back. Well, when spring/summer came, I pulled them up and plated other flowers. Now, three years later, and in the middle of February in random places, these Heather plants are springing up----beautiful and green!!!

Now, the reason God stopped me is that He reminded me in that moment (and I was not dwelling on Him or the Holy Spirit---) that there are things in my life that seem so beautiful and full of life that in the wrong places, they are deadly!! They sap the life out of the grass (which a lawn is supposed to be)....and my heart must be filled with those profitable things for the Kingdom. You see, although they seem good and useful on the outside, I let them crwod in the areas they should not be and maybe God intends something else to be there!!

Yes, I did go to the confessional booth (obviously, not really) and purpose to refocus!!

As you walk today, may you be aware of the things growing in our hearts and lives that are bringing glory to our Saviour!!

3 Comments:

  • A beautiful lesson taught by the master teacher, the Holy Spirit.

    By Blogger Rita Loca, at 6:27 AM  

  • Aww Pat, what a beautiful illustration. Well put! Hope you are feeling better.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:43 AM  

  • I miss you! I hope you ALL are having a blessed time with Derek! Stay warm and stay safe. Can't wait to see you when you get back!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home