Moments In Time

Monday, January 01, 2007

My husband, the girls and I had a fun evening (NEW YEARS EVE). Church was really good with testimonies and music and preaching by a couple of the teens. One preached on "Partial obedience is total disobedience"...and even though paralleling it with his life, he told us that if we were not heaven's devotions, praying, and witnessing, we only have partial obedience to God.....thought provoking!! the second was on contentment and how we are content with things we should be discontent with and discontent with things we should be content with (ie our walk with the Lord and Christian testimony!! Both messages spoke volumes---many were at the altar afterwards! Two sisters sang in Latin, and there were three piano specials and one solo...there were many testimonies, but many said they were conviccted of not witnessing and their personal testimony in their families and most said consistency in the Word and devotions were what God was having them work through. One girl said she realized God would not use her if she and her brother were not getting along!!

We had homemade chicken soup and egg salad after church.

We watched Lord of the Rings -the last installment....I felt as though I was in battle after battle!

However, at midnight, we bluetoothed pics of the girls in their "Happy New Year" tiaras (which they wore all evening except to church) to all three brothers! We proceeded to our upstairs deck to enjoy the fireworks in the neighborhood as our resident pyromaniacs were not in attendance! We had quite the show, and gave our accolades .

Guess we turned in at about 1:30 - I was glad for that extra does of meds i'd taken before church to be able to attend--I stayed up with the family!!

Resolutions come and go, but I am purposing to pursue God with all my being this year and try to thank him for all those valleys and people that help me get there this year....I HAVE NOT thanked him for all those trials and burdens these past few years, and wonder if He chose not to work in the hearts of those people because of that...... ?

To you and your families, may God bless you with joy overflowing!

5 Comments:

  • I am so glad you shared! I know God has been working wihin my heart to be bolder with my witness for Christ. I do so enjoy reading your posts. THEY are thought provoking! You are an excellent mentor to me! I know God has put you into my life for so many reasons! What a blessing you are to me and my family! I also was so happy to read that you got to enjoy watching the new year come in with your family!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

  • Good to hear whats going on in your church! I love to see young people excited about God! Its so rare and precious! Thanks for sharing tht with us.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM  

  • I'm so glad you had a great time with your family. Holidays are great aren't they?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:09 PM  

  • I'm upset I missed such a good service. But, I'm so glad our Youth is striving for the Cause of Christ.

    And I love the holidays, there's always so much family and friend time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

  • I love checking your blog everyday!! :-) It is, however, time to post something new dear! LOL. Just kidding! I know that you are a much busier mom than me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home