Moments In Time

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Quick and easy meal

GOT THIS FROM PUBLIX BUT REVISED IT A LITTLE

Chicken Risotto Soup (Serves 6)

2 T EVOO
1/3 cup diced celery
1/3 cup diced bell pepper
1/3 cup diced onions
5 cloves garlic
8 oz. Sliced mushrooms
3 oz. Fresh spinach (2 cups)
1/3 c. long grain rice
4 cups. Chicken broth or stock
¾ c. half and half
1/3 c. white wine (I use white grape juice)
2 cups. Cooked chicken or turkey
¼ c. water
2 T Cornstarch .
Salt and pepper to taste
Heat large saucepan on med high. Add celery, onions pepper, garlic and mushrooms; stir 2-3 minutes. Mis corn starch in water, set aside. Add all other ingredients but chicken. Cook 15-20 minutes until rice is done. Add corn starch and
Stir until thickened. Add chicken and heat thoroughly.

Chive Butter Rolls
12 rolls (premade or homemade)
1 ½ T. Sour cream
15-20 fresh chives (rinsed)
2 T Butter
Chop chives and add sour cream and butter. Microwave together for 20-30 sec. on highOr until butter melts. Spoon over rolls. Bake in a 350* oven for 10-15 minutes.

4 Comments:

  • YUM! I can't wait to try them both, especially the rolls! I made the peppermint brickle you posted - love it! So simple too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:32 PM  

  • Yes Miss Pat -- I get lots of points for keyboard. I am a slow typer. oh and thanks for reading my blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 PM  

  • THose rolls look awesome. So does the soup! I'm filing them away for future use. Thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 AM  

  • I meant to tell you , I made the capuchino cookies and my Bro. -in -law ate most of them, even the burnt ones!! So, I' think I'll make some for Josh, he loves his coffee so much!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home