Moments In Time

Friday, December 15, 2006

I really do have a positive outlook

My early mornings have offered me a little time to catch up....

Let's see....my son at seminary wants to bring his girlfriend home for the holidays. Not that I cannot entertain, you see...it is just as a woman, I see all the things in my house she will be evaluating......walls that have needed paint for a LONG TIME!! (YEARS)....carpet that needed replace a LONG TIME AGO (years), ETC..........Did I mention that her father is the pastor of teh 800+ member church (her grandfather started it!) and over the seminary????? So, the pressure is on.......Oh the day she arrives would be my daughter in law's birthday and we have worked sooo hard for relationship, I do not want anything to hamper that or to make her REALLY SPECIAL for that day!

My oldest son is giving his dad and me a trip to Europe in Feb. The glitch is that it takes about 6 weeks to get passports (we just found out yesterday) and our travel dates are just under six weeks!! Plus the law is changing on the first, so it is imperative we get them immediately....My husband has no time until next week to accomplish this!?!?!?!? When you are self employed, others often dictate your schedule! Did I mention it will be Winter there and my husband has a thyroid condition that makes him COLD? So the hunt for EXTRA WARM CLOTHES is on, too,.

Did I mention I still do not have presents for my three sons, and only one for my husband??

Sorry if I seem a bit negative, I am a little overwhenlmed!

We did go to my granddaughters Christmas program last nite. They wore their pajamas to sing...it was cute! I love to hear little ones sing...they have such enthusiasm (and volume when they REALLLY KNOW a part!!) They were soo cute cradling their arms and "sleeping on the hay".... for the last song, they had peppermint candy canes and sang about how it used to be on the Christmas tree and how much better it felt in their tummy! They turned them upside down to make a J in the end for "Happy Birthday Jesus. Of course we got hugs and kisses and I will post pics later if my electronic assistants can download them for me! (My granddaughter's gown was cute , but I must admit the favorite was the red haired boy with the red and white striped union jack pj's with Sant and Snowman on the front!!--adorable!)

Sorry yall are my therapy group for the day!

7 Comments:

  • This is therapy isn'tit. Remember, its as though we are each others support group! Lots for you to do Pat! I will remember you daily in prayers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM  

  • Okay...first take a deep breath and count to ten. :-)
    Don't worry about your son's girlfriend. I was, only three years ago, in the position she will be in and let me tell you, she is just as worried about what YOU think about HER that she wont notice the walls or whatever! LOL.
    The passport thing is weird...I've never heard of a passport taking six weeks. Mine were always ready in three. Maybe that changed? Where in Europe are you giong? I want to go to!! If the cold is hard on your hubby, you're more than welcome to come to Paraguay...no cold here that's for sure!! LOL.
    Praying for you, it's no fun feeling overwhelmed, I'm glad blogging helps!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:33 PM  

  • Doesn't my Jackie leave the neatest comments? I love her so much!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 PM  

  • OK! Whew! You need to concentrate on the fact that your son feels free to bring his girl home to meet you. So he's not ashamed of you, the walls, the carpet or anything. Dont let that stuff stress you and take from your joy of seeing him. Besides, if this girl ends up as a DIL, she'll be around a long time and will know everything about everything!
    Make sure you dont fret about your other DIL, just be natural and do what is planned and if something comes up, oh well!!Dont take on guilt and stress for things you cant control.
    Oh ,and I know you know this, but Preachers kids are just...kids!!!
    So dont put expectations on HER or YOURSELF!
    Sometimes you can get passports in 3 days by traveling to the state headquarters. We've done this in Miami. I will be praying for you and all your extended family, that all will go well and everyone will have a great Christmas.

    The therapy session is free of charge!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:57 PM  

  • THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT!!WE ARE WORKING TO ACCOMPLISH IT--YOUR PRAYERS FOR THOSE ANGELS TO HELP IS MAKING THE BURDEN LIGHTER!!

    By Blogger Memories for a Lifetime, at 6:58 PM  

  • Pat, Doesn't my sister have lots of wisdom? It's hard to imagine she is younger than me but has been through so much more. She truly is speaking from experiences!Without her guidance of late, I don't know what I would have done in a certain situation. I love her outlook on just being natural. Everyone finds out sooner or later, the real you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 PM  

  • I am praying for you. But I only know you from your Blog, and the comments you leave on mine, and others. I happen to think that your sons girlfriend will see and feel the love and warmth from you and your family, that THINGS around her won't get much attention. Thinkgs are just things, but love is something that even without things will always be there. As long as you have love, and the Lord in your home than there isn't much to worry about.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home