Moments In Time

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Just for Jackie

The past couple of days have been trying (and quite expensive)--jsut for us to obtain passports.

Also in that trying, I tried to maintain a testimony (GRRR)....We finally arrived at the third destination for a passport today......let me backup to yesterday...we went to the Post Office locally (you know---in snowbird heaven) and found a little door at the back of the facility sandwiched in HUGE carts of junk mail (if you haven't gotten any recently, don't worry, it was there!!)---the carts were larger than my car! Anyway, after 15 minutes of standing there, a lady was paged, and it took another 10 minutes for her to arrive (WE NEED THESE PASSPORTS ASAP, u see)...just to tell us that since we were not her 11:00 appt. we could not even apply and that we could have an appointment in two weeks (maybe)....oh, yes it was 10 til 11!! She answered a call in the middle of our conversation, and after ten more minutes (no 11 there yet), we walked out . Today, we were blessed to go to another local town and walk a mile back and forth between the Post Office and Clerk, but got it all done and exercised, too!(walking up and down stairs and six city blocks to the post office!!)PTL I got time to exercise!!

We have a tentative itinerary staying in Antwerp, Paris and London.....all are one hour train rides between the three. My son got a position change at work,so he will be able to join us for part of the trip. He also gets hotel discounts (PRAISE THE LORD!!)

Remember my request for my son to have that burning desire to serve the Lord....well, he is without a job....work was too slow and he ahs not been able toa have any since he returned last week....that makes three weeks of NO WORK and limited the two before that!! Talk about learning the value of prayer and trust!!

Ashley's post reminded me I have not devoted any more than prayer and lip service to our Lord today...I need to get my Bible reading in!! I truly want to trust the Lord and thank Him for the difficulties in my lfe and truly do it with a pure heart. thsi is where I start.

I am grateful to have friends to pray for and share my daily life with!!

10 Comments:

  • Oh the joys of interrnational travel! If it will make you feel better... We have been trying to get Josh's Venezuelan Passpot since May. $1000.00 in "documentation Fess' because he has blue eyes, 4 trips to Caracas, and now they say all the passports will be invaled . The government has a new passport planned with a "smart chip".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:54 AM  

  • I read about the chip for international travel as well as the scan available...

    I forgot to tell yall that we went to Walgreens for the pics, and when I told the clerk I did not like th epic, she said "Nobody does" and enlarged it three more times!! Man do I fill in the 2x2 space!!!

    Rita, will pray for Josh and his passsport!!

    By Blogger Memories for a Lifetime, at 8:39 AM  

  • Wow...I didn't know you were going on a huge trip? I will pray that it goes well.
    And I will also pray that your son will serve God. It IS the only road to real happiness and peace.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:51 AM  

  • No fun, I'm glad you thought of me during your exciting paperwork. Praying that it all works out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:30 PM  

  • hey, this is Josh Rios.
    Thought I would leave a comment. laterz!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:48 PM  

  • I am laughin at my son's comment! Silly boy! He came over abou tan hour ago and is lying here singing. I just laughed and asked him "So Josh what is your comment? " And he said, "That was my comment." I just have to laugh sometimes! Praying for all the red tape to go a little more smoothly. It may help you all just to realize that is the way it is every where now days! I know when I lived in Mexico, I would get so frustrated trying to take care of business. Then I moved back to the states - lo and behold - it was just the same. Nothing but buracracies galore! Nothing was simple any longer. Hang in there,

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 PM  

  • wow , the nazi hasn't left you a comment of complaint! How do you rate?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 AM  

  • I live closer than all of you!!

    I've got her number!!

    By Blogger Memories for a Lifetime, at 6:48 AM  

  • I am now filing an official complaint! We need more from Pat!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 PM  

  • OK-OK- I will cave (for fear of no p'nut butter balls---)\

    Just wanted to make sur I had something interesting to blog about!!

    By Blogger Memories for a Lifetime, at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home