Moments In Time

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Word

One of those days where you cannot recognize alot of the fruits of your labor!

I am trying to get together a book order for Southern Living at Home ---not necessarily for me---however, I just found out I had to close it out tomorrow. Asi esta la vida! It is just fine....

Pam and I did make it to church (I think she divulged D.Q. as our secret meeting place outside church when we are unable to attend--LOL) I am soo sorry for her her wrists hurt soo badly she cannot type. I may have to go over tomorrow and catch her blog up (type it for her!!)....

Rev. Bynum was at church tonite on bahalf of Camp Tracy. He gave the following points to guide your children to the Lord.
1.) Love them unconditionally-- Romans 5:8 We mess up daily and God neither gets mad at us nor does He not love us

2.) Keep feeding them the Word---and leave it to God to drive it into their heart---daily exposure will fill their thoughts with God's Word. Salvation is the ultimate desire, but only the Word will change the heart and person.

3.) Discipline them --not harshly, but with proper application and explanation of offense and
then reassurance of your love afterwards. The prupose of discipline is to drive away a haughty spirit. You make sure the discipline is stronger and more embarrassing than the sin of their disobedience and pleaseure of the offense.

4.) Make them work in the home. Teach starting as a toddler to pick up toys and to make bed...although any of their chores will not be as good as you can perform them in the beginning, still keep expecting them to do them...and to help in all areas---parents should not be making the children's beds, or washing the car or mowing grass when they have children old enough to start doing them! This expectation gives them the satisfaction of giving back --and to be a contrributing person to the family. This is where their self satisfaction is derived and little time is left to be self absorbed. To feed this, just gve and give and give and give...they you give them a life of being unable to be contributing and no work ethic!


He gave numbers and I believe he said something like 70% of Christian homes to not follow any of the above procedures. Is it any wonder we cripple our children?? If only we do as the Word expects!

Blessings as you seek to honor our Lord!

3 Comments:

  • So good, Pat! Thanks for sharing this. I know Jackie and MJ will get a lot out of it as they have young children. Me too of course, but what a good way to mentor the young mothers huh ? Blogging is a blessing. Oh go read Clint's post at www.yekwanaman,blogspot.com
    His last two have been funny ones!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 AM  

  • Really good post. Those are things I try to do everyday....sometimes the working one is hard. I try to find things for Elena to "do" with me or "help" me with, but some things just cant be done with a 14 month old!! LOL. We are learning though, she knows how to bring me stuff and put it away! Yeah! Progress!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 AM  

  • Thanks for the timely remind. I find one gets lax with the "baby" and often need reminded of my duty.And I am aslo typing challenged but actually spell very well!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home