Moments In Time

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thunderclouds

We are closer to getting pictures, so, in the mean time, I will write a short post.

We hit turbulence (a big storm which the pilot had tried to miss, but it was EVERYWHERE!!)...we had been informed about 200 miles out of this storm. (I bet you've had some fun flights, too, Rita!! But, your planes were smaller!)

Anyway, of course, it was the usual bumps, until we hit a free fall area and kids started screaming (I believe they get to watch too much TV and movies!!!),

We were privileged to have two pilots sitting across from us who live in Tampa. They did not seem concerned, so, the girls, Anita, the pilots and I were laughing and enjoying the ride. One female pilot looked at me and saw I was not concerned, so she said "Woo, hoo, here we go!!)


Then we were free falling again!! when the stewardess came over the p.a. system and said everything was fine and that it was just turbulence, some mouthy young lady yelled, "No it isn't!!"....to which my friend turned to me and said, "Well, if we are going to heaven, I can't think of anyone better than you and the girls to go with", to which I heartily agreed!!

We did land with alot of rain on the tarmac, but it was a fun flight!!

3 Comments:

  • LO! Not my favorite kind of flight in any size plane, but you have to trust the pilot.

    By Blogger Rita Loca, at 9:28 AM  

  • Oh my stars! what a trip! I'm just so glad you are back safe.

    I did see where you tried to call me today and it triggered that the other night when I was at mom's you called my cell phone and Agustin told you I'd caall you back! Yikes! So sorry.
    I will try to do that tomorrow. I miss you and the girls.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:26 PM  

  • WOW I'd have been scared! I like flying, but not the risks it opposes. O__o

    I can't wait to see you all! I've missed you, Miriam, and Rachel! I'm so glad you all got back safe!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home