Moments In Time

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Born on a Mountaintop

Howdy, yall. I am up here in the mountains (God's country). We have learned hick talk once again!!LOL

You know , we are some spoiled people!! My sister's computer works at a pace slower than slow!! I am used to cable that gets it there IMMEDIATELY!! thus, I have been frustrated, and today was the first time I could get it to connect!!

We are well, and you will be happy to know we have found dress #2!!! At a dress shop I remembered from my childhood....we used to walk past it and dream....as they had brides dresses and fancy clothes in the windows.........And, tho top it all off, the older gentleman who ran the store (witha couple of ladies)....knew my father!! He recalled him and told my girls what a wonderful person he was....not mentioning the hard things I am sure her remembered!! He told my girls how fun he was to be around and what a fine man he was. They were the same age and my dad drove a taxi for his dad, who owned the company! He and one of the ladies attend church with my aunt and uncle and serveral of my uncles have come and sang and had a concert at their church!! He kept remarking what a small world this is!!

Also, we had tea with my Aunt today. She is a Children's Literature teacher for adults seeking a degree in teaching. Miriam, Rachel, and I had a grea time. We took her a couple of books: "Pinkalicious" , and "Will, God's Mighty Warrior". She remarked to a lady at the tea room that we were teaching her to enjoy children's books.....SHE IS THE MASTER! When Maddy visited her last year, they curled up in a chair and she read to Maddy...yes, we have pics!! What a very special time we have had with her....laughing and crying. She fills us in on family history. An author wrote a book about my great uncle and held a book sigining here locally yesterday. My
aunt said he sold out within an hour. I must get one of them!

We took Mother to ---yes Pam, Olive Garden yesterdya. She enjoyed the outing! Of course we drug her into the "mall" to walk around, too. Last night we attended my great niece's softball team. She is the pitcher on a fast pitch team. WOW!! If my are moved that fast, I would have to have rotator cuff surgery!!

I miss my time with all my friends....bloggerworld!! I will write more as time passes. We will travel to Brevard on Saturday morning!

Until then....you are in my prayers!

4 Comments:

  • You are our world traveler indeed! Miss you all! So happy to hear you ran into someone who knew your daddy. I just love going to West Virginia and hearing stuff about my relatives and family members. It is so important for our kids to hear!

    Enjoy this week and then next week at the Wilds!
    God bless!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:50 PM  

  • Sounds like you are having a wonderful times! So glad about dress #2. Enjoy your visit with the family.

    By Blogger Kimberly, at 6:25 AM  

  • So glad to hear you are having a good time. I missed reading your posts! :-)

    By Blogger Jackie, at 7:51 AM  

  • Missing you!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home