Moments In Time

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Return to Reality

Yes, I am home...., and my feet hit the ground working!!

I have been busy....thank God we took two extra days in Pa. and visited Hershey Park,,,,,,,,no, it DOES NOT SMELL LIKE CHOCOLATE ALL OVER THE PARK.....one could only wish. The girls had their first ever roller coaster rides ...and second. They were able to ride with my niece and a friend whose flight was cancelled the night before!! I cannot ride as I get this pounding headache, so most are just spectator rides for me. Anita and I (a longtime friend from Fl. and I walked around and observed....and yes, I did bring DH some fudge...

WE also were able to spend a couple of hours (+or-) at Valley Forge....I love that place.....I can envision all those people encamped and George and his crew laboring there....and, of course, the great woman behind the man, Martha!! It was great.

The rehearsal dinner was fabulous---I will post pics......we had a dining room with french doors across one end which opened onto a balcony, and everyone loved overlooking the golf course!
It was beautiful to see all the foiliage, etc, and to watch a storm roll in!! The food was great and the fellowship was wonderful!! I included all out of towners who traveled in!

I must say, the wedding was a blur....too busy for a short time, but we were able to share dinner Sat. nite and breakfast on Sunday morning with friends, and then everyone went their separate ways....some home, some off touristing, and some to explore, but most went home, including DH, son#1 and family and son#3.......wish I had a week to go there and relax and just do whatever!!!
(Do you see a $49 in the search for future reference???)

Maddy was adorable as a flowergirl...she and Madeline, another 4 YO accompanied Luke, the ringbearer and were had a great time!!! When we were in the dressing room for the last hour, everyone ate and change clothes (to preserve wedding clothes) and they little girls were playing in their slips, and Maddy called out in a sing-song voice "we're playing in our slips!!! WEEEE'RE
NAKED!!!" Of course, we all died with laughter!!

The girls were the best guest book attendants ever (and cute, if I must gloat!!!)....Aaron was a handsome best man, and Josh, Tracy and Emma were the finishing touch to complete the family!!

And yes, I held Emma every chance I got!!

The song for the lighting of the unity candle was one my son wrote for Sharon, and a friend from college days played the piano and sang and another young man the violin(of course a violinist for a violinists' wedding!!)

And to answer all the questions, as soon as I learn to post pics, you will get some!!!

I feel like I am in a time warp....the rain is a constant reminder of the slight turbulence we hit approaching Tampa.....we laughed, but others were not so happy........will elaborate later!!

One last update....my Mom goes for testing with the neurologist tomorrow, Friday.

God is good!!

5 Comments:

  • I'm so glad the whole family got to go!!!

    By Blogger marshan, at 6:45 AM  

  • First, I just said a prayer for your mom's testing!

    Secondly, YAY you all are back and safe! Maddy's little "Slip=naked" statement had me laughing. So sweet and innocent.

    Everything sounds like it was just lovely and you sound so happy in this post.
    Welcome back!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:31 PM  

  • oops one more thing! Did you get any photos of Valley Forge? This past year in histoy, Shane studied about the winter with George W. there, etc.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:32 PM  

  • anxious to see if there will be pics!

    By Blogger Rita Loca, at 5:25 PM  

  • I'm glad your trip went well! I've missed you all so much at church!
    And how romantic about how your son wrote the song for the unity candle lighting! What a perfect touch! I'd like my future husband to write a song...though I'd be afraid of how it would turn out depending on who God gives me. LOL

    Wow, their FIRST rollercoaster? AMAZING! I've rode so many...too many to count! I' glad they could finally experience on though!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home