Moments In Time

Monday, July 23, 2007

GOD'S GRACE

GOD IS IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!! HE ALSO ANSWERS PRAYERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD!!

If for no other proof in the world, the birth of a child should dismiss the arguments of even the biggest scoffers!! CONGRATULATIONS MY FIREND JACKIE AND BRIAN AND ELENA!!

On to my other ramblings:

My son will be marrried in five days. WE have not had the moment to moment working on a wedding, plans, excitement, etc.So, in a way, even though we are preparing, I do not have that time with my son to be a part of the excitement....I will have approximately 72 hours to get into that crazy mode. I explained that to him in a conversation last week. He does understand....
It is a crazy thought, but I will be a mother in law to another daughter who certainly has been trained well above and beyond my capabilities, because she has been a Pastor's wife for over thirty years!!

I know that God's unfailing love is what brings us to walk in faith!! His grace takes us where we never thought we could go to!!

I was thinking otday that we give our children wings to fly, but clip them, and use the training process to reveal the reverence and character God desires from His children. We allow them to fail in small areas, while they are near so we can lovingly guide them to right thinking in the Lord. You see, we cripple them if they grow up and only hitchhike on our convictions, because it must be a real walk in their lives; knowing the will and love and ways of our Lord. Then, this bond and relationship allows them the freedom to grow to an adult and make godly decisions.
We sometimes as homeschoolers think our children are more advanced in that walk or second guess ourselves as to their readiness to step out on their own, be it college, seminare, or in a job.

My one statement to you would be: Has the God that you have loved and entrusted the care of this child to you and who DOES love them more thatn you ever could failed you EVER?? then, why would He be less of a guide and comfort to them when you are still bathing that child, his life and his walk to your Lord in prayer??? Let's not cripple them, let's move our trust toa different level!!

You may think I a preaching, but I am the choir hearing this to myself, too!!! You see, I am still in this process, and know how easily my flesh gives in to doubt and fear!!

If I have learned ANYTHING in my life this past year, it is that GOD'S GRACE IS SUFFICIENT! HE provides in ways and answers beyond our heart's cry!!

TRUST.......BELIEVE.......LET GO..........LET GOD

2 Comments:

  • Great reflections Pat and very helpful in reminding me of letting go and letting God!

    You have much to reflect on these days as yet another son is about to marry! My prayers are with you and the girls as you fly off to PA later this morning. I pray the wedding goes smoothly and the Bride and Groom will have wondrful treasures forever etched in their memories!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:19 PM  

  • thanks for the prayers!!! And God bless you in the upcoming wedding.

    By Blogger Rita Loca, at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home