Moments In Time

Monday, August 20, 2007

Heading to the Hills

As we age, many things affect our lives we did not anticipate. We also change our thinking on how we would accomplish or do certain things.

Often, we become caregivers for older relatives or parents. I have been that for my Mother for twenty years (actually helping for mor than that.); but for the past two years, I encouraged her to live in Tennessee with my sister. SHe was not happy when she left here, but praise the Lord,is now happy to see us wehn we visit and is very teary-eyed when seh greets D1&2.

I am now needed to help take care of her fo a while ( she will be having heart surgery). Also, my sister will have knee surgery amn my BIL has to have some back treatments. All that said to say, "THEY NEED HELP". I, along with my trusted sidekicks, will be the ones to perform that service.

Thus, I will probably not be able to keep in touch...but I will try.

Keep us in your prayers.

6 Comments:

  • JM,
    Thanks....everyone's prayers get me through the most difficult days and nights!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:36 PM  

  • Praying for you in NH. God's strength is made perfect in your weakness....lean on Him!!!!

    By Blogger M.J., at 10:00 PM  

  • Prayers will be sent up on your behalf Pat. I think we will be in your shoes soon with our folks. Oh the seasons of life!

    I am on my way now to send Jackie over to look at Derek's wedding photos. She'll enjoy that!

    Stay safe, road warrior! What a summer huh?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:48 PM  

  • I'll be praying for you as well. And me, cause I'll miss you so much!

    By Blogger Jackie, at 8:21 AM  

  • I'll be praying for you and your family, but it's awesome that you're there for your mother whereas most families now a days are so careless and selfish they'd never dream of sacrificing to take care of a loved one. What a servant's heart you have!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 6:01 PM  

  • Are ya' 'still in them thar hills???

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home