Moments In Time

Monday, May 28, 2007

Weekend Ramblings

Guess I cannot yell at Kim since I have not posted....I did try last week, but the comment thing was messed up and then I could not save the draft, so I pitched it!!

We girls returned from Philly last nite....yes, we had a GREAT time, and yes, we did SURPRISE everyone!!
Airline flight $44

Hotel....cheap

Car ...almost free..

Shower gift $$$

Surprised look on everyones faces....priceless


It was fun, and I did get to know my future daughter in law better, as well as her family. Her shower was nice and she got lots of wonderful things she needs to set up housekeeping....made all the old married ladies lust for new stuff!!LOL

We drove from Philly to Derek's work, and sat in the customer service area to wait...He glanced over after about twenty minutes, and had a blank stare, unbelieving what his eyes were beholding---his Mom and sisters!! We walked to a little shop behind the bank and got a great gelati!!

We went to a park the next morning and had great fun, and then to a small village near there with ecclectic shops and different things....we bought Maddy a plaque that reads:
"I didn't ask to be a Princess, but hey, if the crown fits....."

WE also got some trinket and gifts for CHEAP (you know me!!)

Saturday we went to King of Prussia Mall and met a friend of Miriam and Rachel's that they met at the WILDS last year (they were cabinmates)....we had such great fun. Her Mother joined us....we felt as if we had known each other for a lifetime. She is a believer with the same convictions,etc. and attends an independent church in Pa. What a blessing to spend time with them....we laughed and cried. We were sad to part company!! Ironic, but they attended Calvary Baptist a few years ago and know my son's fiance and all her family---small world!!

The great news is that we found a dress for the wedding for Rachel---Bloomingdales---50%off, with and additional 40%....just the color and style she had been searching for!!The girls also spent their money at Christopher and Banks and found many nice skirts (MODEST!!)...and a possible outfit for Miriam for the wedding!! YAY!!

WE were surprised at church yesterday to see old friends from here who pastor up there now!! What a joy!! They were missionaries to France, Australia and Guyana prior to accepting this pastorate....what dear servants for the Lord!

I guess if you had seen all our trials yesterday, you would have shaken your head in disbelief....but one funny one is that we had to RUN all they way through one airside to the plane because of a malfunction at the security check point!! Yes, three of us running and we got there just as the plane boarded!! We laughed til we cried on the way home !!

Pray for my DIL and the new granddaughter...she is to be induced o the 5th....we would prefer a normal delivery sooner !!

I have missed taking to all of you...you are still in my prayers, though!

5 Comments:

  • Glad to hear you had such a great time! I will be praying fervently for your DIL...pitocin scares me to death! :X So I will definitly lift her up to the LORD and see if we can get that little one out sooner! :-D

    By Blogger Jackie, at 9:43 AM  

  • Yay! She blogged and I can leave comments! Glory Hallelujah!

    What a fun post! So just you and the two girls went. And did I read $44 per ticket? It was meant to be! the trip that is!

    I had the best visual picture of you 3 running through the airport. Oh my, I laughed out loud! WHEW!
    Can't wait to see you all.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:59 AM  

  • That was great that you got the chance to go up there to surprise them all. How fun!!!!

    By Blogger marshan, at 2:18 PM  

  • Fun and hectic! Will pray for the new baby and DIL. Keep us in prayer!

    By Blogger Rita Loca, at 9:19 AM  

  • How awesome! I know how hard it is to find modest clothing...*sighs* I'm so glad you all had a good time! There's nothing like beinf reunited to Christian friends! You always have something in common(Christ!)

    Yes, I'll make sure to keep your daughter in law in prayer!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home