Moments In Time

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Florwers???????

Many years ago we planted flowers called heather. Small delicate purple flowers grew on the "dwarf bushes". Once the plants die back there are lots of spindly branches, very prickly and unattractive....so, we pulled them all! What a chore! Well, as I said, that has been years. In the past year, out in the yard or randomly in the flower bed, I will find a heather plant. Mowing and weeding will not take care of them --they still spring up! A few days ago, I recognized that these flowers reminded me of sin and habits in my life. I feel like I have them conquered, but they keep springing up, forcing me to take action!

Wonder if God sees me as a delicate flower or the stray one that keeps appearing at will?

May I learn to "kill" the source and be a fragrant bloom where I am planted!

3 Comments:

  • See? I told you!! This is awesome writing. You are downright good at this girl. And what an analogy! Yoy will teach us lots here! Love Ya'!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 AM  

  • Hey this is Jayde,Rita's daughter. I love your name for the blog. At least you only had to do it once and it worked. My mom has tried to leave comments,but the computer would not allow it.So,She'll try again later.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:30 AM  

  • My blog is www.jaydeisblogging.blogspot.com. Just so everyone wants to visit it. And anyone who hasnt gone yet,if you post,please post a prayer request. Thanks!and Happy Thanksgiving!(early)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home