Moments In Time

Thursday, January 11, 2007

those children get older!!

Today is Rachel's birthday....she is 15. She is my youngest. I was struck with the thought this morning that it will not be long until this home is empty...forget the nest...ours is a museum of memories!! That saddens me, because for 28 years our home has had children and laughter and a flurry of activity!! I am not one of those weirdos that goes into a deep depression and "Woe is me " attitiude - I know God alone can fill voids and provide ministry opportunities to
still be giving (the house will be clean, the laundry done, meals and dishes done....what's a Mother to do???)LOL!

Today also brought a time to reflect on my children and their strengths and weaknesses (yes, they do have them!!!!!)....and to know how we pray for them each and every one and desire God's hand in their lives. They are always encouraged to learn God's lessons the first time around, with the knowlege that it gets harder each subsequent time. They are not perfect and we are far from it, but they know implicitly tat we have a deep love for our Lord and them, and our desire is that our lives reflect it!!

Now, back to the birthday girl. We had lunch out, and then went to the mall to spend gift cards...we bought two skirts and socks at Dillards and two shirts at Aeropostle and spent less than $35.00. The girls still have Target gift cards. Plus, we have Bed, Bath and Beyond ones. (I cannot forget the Olive Garden ones!!) I also was able to get gloves and hats and two birthday gifts at J.C. Penney at a 75% discount! Starting in February, Josh, my husband, Aaron and my Mom (Aaron and mom on same day) all have birthdays and then Miriam is March 1st. So, those discounted gifts are more than welcome!!

Rachel has added quite the flair to our family....she has a great fashion sense, and reminds us that she's the baby--we've gotta love her!! I miss her "little firl" letters she used to write and the pictures she used to draw and the babies and and the Spanish books while the othes did school!!! She is her own person, confident in who she is and right and truth!! I remember it well ---I was 40 and pregnant!! I loved every minute of it!! AND, look what the Lord gave us!!

4 Comments:

  • You all sound like shopping fiends! What good bargain hunters you are! We definitly have to plan a shopping trip together next time I'm "dropping" in.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Memories for a Lifetime, at 12:45 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Miss Rachel! Pat what memories to recall! Love you and your girls. One day maybe we can all go together!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:49 PM  

  • YAY! I didn't know it was Rachel's birthday! AWW! I'll have to wish her a happy birthday!

    Your girls are such a blessing! They are such good Godly friends to me! I'll have to go shopping with you all once, you and your girls ALWAYS find the best deals! lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home