Moments In Time

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Action, Ask, Aaron Anatomy, Acts and Admonishment (ho's that for a title??)

As you know, my washer decided to get tired and not spin the load of towels I had in, so, after five respins, I decided to call it quits. However, those towels had to be taken to the laundromat (my neighbor offered her machine, but it is smaller)....and I had the privelege of meeting a little man from India. As it would happen (five loads of laundry, and I was folding like a mad woman to get home to get the girls to Anatomy class....he offered me a job to work there. I hope I was not impolite---I snickered and said, "No sir, I could not do that. I have six other full time jobs that demand all my time!" He looked shocked and stood and watched the "folding Machine!"I now need to take another five tomorrow and wash them....(the ONLY good thing about laundromats, is that you can complete it all in a couple of hours and be done for a few days---you all know the downside of that too!!

Pray for my friend Carol....she feel through the floor of their old home on Sat., and then fell down the stairs (partway) her yesteday. I told her I could not leave her here to bathe (they have no bath where they are)---that I wanted someone to be with her....I love her, and it is hard not to get tied up on Wednesdays and makes "MY" routine to try to get to church almost impossible!!I spend some time today on the phone helping look for housing and checking wha the city and county offers for assistance. I would let her stay overnite here but she has a *H**Y**P**E**R**dog that would have everything shredded in a couple of days!! I hate that it is cold where she is, but I can do no more. I cannot even offer our home while we are gone in Feb.

AAron is moving out probably the end of Jan. with the two friends I told you about. We will see how this transpires.....he has a lot of life that he is naiive about (cost of electricity and rent plus your food, insurance and even health insurance once he moves!!)

Rachel has not felt well today, but is doing much better the past two hours. She does not like the thought of missing choir tomorrow, but I told her that would not be included as an option in her day, that she could grace the laundromat with me.... There is also a Youth Rally at Pastor kerry Nance's church tomorrow nite....she would hate to miss that fellowship more!!(Do you think the test in Anatomy class sickened her??)

Brother John Yates preached our of Acts last night...it was familiar, but his focus was on the prayer meeting the people were having for Peter. They prayed without ceasing, expecting God to perform a miracle! And, they did not believe it when he did. Wow----that is so much like us---we pray for it, and then doubt the answer we get!! He admonished us to GET ALONE IN THE PRAYER CLOSET for more than opur token 15 minutes a day and believe and expect answers to our petetions. WE have never heard that, now have we??? We just need gentle reminders that matters should be kept before the Lord ---without ceasing!!I am praying for you all!!

5 Comments:

  • WHAT A TITLE and it looks like some one has sent you an automated comment! You may have to go into your settings and choose the letters for a human to have to copy into the little box!
    Anyhows, I also enjoyed last night's sermon. It was from one of my favorite scriptures, Act 12. I laugh each time I read it or hear it preached about. I can just imagine myself responding the same way Rhoda did! Forget to let poor Peter in, but run around hollering its him. I also get sad when I remember this passage because I have so little faith and so little thankfulness sometimes!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 PM  

  • Active, Awesome, Articulate, Astounding, Attractive, All of the above. As in you are, all of the above! I was going to add Ancient but...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:03 AM  

  • Well, I am paving the way for you girls.....I am 35 you know!! LOL

    By Blogger Memories for a Lifetime, at 3:42 PM  

  • I am glad Rachel was hopefully feeling a bit better, seeing as how she made it to choir today! ^_^ She was a little quiet though, she was probably still a little under the weather.

    I know, I'm going to to try to devote more time to prayer as well, we forget so many times about how important it really is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 PM  

  • Yes, I can imagine that Aunt Pam would be like Rhoda! ROTFL.
    If you dont want to work for the Indian man, you can come fold my clothes!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home