Moments In Time

Friday, January 23, 2009

"What is Faith?"
By Bob Perks
Someone asked me the other day about my faith.
I rambled on for a moment and seemed to have appeased their curiosity.
Still, it made me think about it more when I got home and this is what I wish I had told them instead:

To see more than what is obvious.
To believe more than what is seen.
To trust when all is lost and darknessfills your days.
To try again when failure is your partner
To give when nothing's left to give.
To stand when falling is expected.
To go on when odds are against you.
To plan when others think you foolish.
To smile when heart break dims your spirit.
To rise above the doubters and nay sayers.
To keep on when others fall behind.
To end each day in praise instead of sorrow.
That is faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home