Moments In Time

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Year End Reflections

We started the year with a burden for a family member.....that care still remains.

We traveled in snow to see my Mother for her 80th birthday as a surprise...we do not know how many more birthdays she will celebrate!

In March, we worked with the special kids at camp. As usual, we laugh and we cry. We make friends and we have old ones we fellowship with. Camp is always an exciting time!!

The end of March brought a wedding and we helped a friend make this a special day for her daughter....lots of hard work, but we enjoyed it!!

April brought Easter and reflection on the death of our Saviour.

May brought graduation from high school for number four! We also attended a few more parties at this time!

June took us back to visit my relatives and to take the girls to camp. Bittersweet, as it was my first time of not being able to stay at the camp, so I traveled back to the mountains to be with family. When it was over, we visited with an aunt and uncle, our very favorites! Our lives are so enriched by them--not only for fellowship but family stories I never knew.....a touch with the past that fills in blanks!

The majestic mountains make me feel sooo close to God......

June brought a birthday party for our second granddaughter. She is one now!!

We also surprised a friend of #4 and #5 on her birthday and took her to tea (out of town)!

June also brought a surprise anniversary party from our kids. All were there....yes, I cried!! I, who am NEVER surprised, got caught off guard!! Old friends were there, as we reminisced way beyond time for the banquet room to be vacated!!! (Old pictures remind you of that journey of a lifetime!!)

July brought a party for our second granddaughter....and we all had fun holding a carnival in celebration!!

August afforded a vacation for the WHOLE family---all of us to the Keys....amazing reminder of God's hand in creation!!! Our week was filled with fun, laughs, stories.....and memories in the making!!

September brought a second wedding for a friend, and we got to enjoy a historical building as the setting for a dream come true for our friend!!

October brought the reality of the economy not being good and so we had to pray even harder for God's provision after several months of "getting by". It also brought the stark reality that the hearts of men are wicked and what they want, they take. I do not know if I have yet come to the point of forgiveness and praying for them yet. I also do not think my heart has yet been thankful for their unmerited deeds!!

October also brought God's provision to #4 and #5 and also to myself that we could help a little in our survival quest!!

November brought a wedding (first ever paying job) and I learned alot about Christians at this time. Some turn to the ways of the world and become so full of pride that you cannot work with them, and an enjoyable event becomes a burdensome event!! I also learned at this time that more often than not unchurched ones are kinder and much easier than those of like faith!!

November also brought family back for Thanksgiving, and our hearts swelled with thanksgiving at the small things God is doing for us in so many ways!

December brought another wedding for someone we have known since birth! We throughout the month, thought tried to do some Christmas events that would continue to keep our hearts full of the season ---the birth of our Lord the focus---and were able to experience that. The wedding was a the culmination of a storybook romance!!

And now to December 31......as you can read in my previous post, God blessed us sooo much that evening ---we had not only fun, food and fellowship, but it ALL was focused around the Word and God so graciously giving us another new year.....

And, I know I did waste time in this past year, not taking every opportunity God gave me to be a witness for him. I oft was, and tried to be sensitive to whatever He led me to do , but I did fail.

Pray with me as I seek Him in all things and even to be thankful in ALL things!!

1 Comments:

  • What a year you've had! Each year brings new trials and new blessings. I'm impressed at your memory of it month by month. I need to try to remember last week but going back month by month may be even a larger task for me. I'm going to try it though!

    I know you've learned from your failures Pat, for it's evident you are a life long learner. I've failed miserably this year in so many areas, which is probably why I've blocked so much of the past year out of my mind.

    I miss seeing you and the girls We need to schedule a get together soon for I know if we don't set a time and place, it will never happen!

    I'm off to Sun City this afternoon to visit my dad's two sisters.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home