Moments In Time

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Crazy Observation

You know my quirks and how I see things that others do not, so...

When we arrived back from vacation, as I walked toward the porch, there was something sticking out of the sand. It was light brown, and partially uncovered. When I brushed the sand away, I noticed it was a part of a shingle from our old roof. Yep, the one that had been there 23 years that we replaced last year! That's not all....it was shaped like a heart ! I guess as we unloaded the car, I put it on the back of the car so I could use both hands to carry something inside. Well, I forgot about it!!

That was until TUESDAY (we got home on Saturday)...we had driven to church and a restaurant across town with the family, back home, D & S had taken the car into Tampa to visit friends, and then to Inverness, and then on Monday, we took them to the airport and home, (mind you, loading and unloading luggage). Well, on Tuesday, when I went for groceries, and was putting them in the back, there was the heart still on the runner on the back of the car....unphased by the travels!!

Yep, it is now inside, as a reminder that 24 years ago, we built this home and lots of love (and tears) have grown our home, and we have weathered alot of travels and involved family and friends, but the heart is still there....at home...!!

HOME IS WHERE YOUR STORY BEGINS!!

1 Comments:

  • That was so heart warming to read!

    So you've been away huh? Welcome back!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home