Moments In Time

Friday, August 22, 2008

REPENTANCE----how does it look???

Yes, I apologize---I have been here many times, but unable to write what I was internalizing!!

Guess my biggest thoughts recently have been about repentance.

WHAT DOES REPENTANCE LOOK LIKE IN MY LIFE??

You know, when children are small, they usually apologize with a "sorry!"....but one who truly is sorry shares a hug or a tear along with that "apology".

We as adults think we can preface an apology with "If I have somehow offended you, then....."
We should just say "I realize I have offended you,please accept my apology AND forgive me!!"

Thus our stance before a HOLY God......we offend in so many ways, but do not repent (or turn away ) from this pattern of behaviour! We must recognize our position before a God who is both righteous and holy. And, He has expectations from His children, whom He purchased with His blood. Our lives and actions as well as our dress and our lack of time with our Lord only reflect our lack of turning away from ourselves.

God had alot to say to the Corinthian church about their lack of repentance, attitudes, and goings on in the church....check it out!! He oversaw the authorship of a couple of books pertaining to this matter........HMMMM must have been important, and oh yes, still relevant for today!!

2 Comments:

  • Repentance, we don't see a lot of that these days.

    Pat, I'm the queen of "internalizing" but had never really put that word to what I was doing. Thanks for helping me see it in that light. Glad to see you've posted!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:11 PM  

  • Great insight, pat.

    By Blogger Rita Loca, at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home