Moments In Time

Thursday, April 17, 2008

MY GOD

MY GOD IS MUSIC AND SONG:

A few years ago, I was confined to bed for a period of time. All I had was my radio that occasionally would pick up Chuck Swindoll and James MacArthur. I cherished those messages.
But, the thing I missed most was music in my home. Yep, through all those piano, violin, mandolin and banjo lessons, and my DH's guitar and trumpet, I LONGED TO HEAR THAT. Hymns, arrangements.....Christ honoring music!! It could have filled every minute of every day.

You see, I cannot read music....I can force myself after a time to guess a note, but cannot read it!!
I hear the music and am able to sing it and by ear I play a few songs n the piano. But, I love to have a song in my heart....

A person long ago said when you cannot remember a Bible verse (Satan is always busy trying to help us forget!!), then to recall songs....and God can give you joy in the midst of your day.

For the song and music in my heart put there by our Lord, I am forever thankful!!

2 Comments:

  • I'm so happy that one isn't required to "read" music to sing unto the Lord!! I'd be out! I do love to sing but am slow at reading music. I cain pick a tune out slowly on the piano but it is treacherous work for me. Singing comes as easliy as breathing for me! Great post!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:48 PM  

  • Thank you so much for the kind words about my aunt. This is Grace's mom and she is really busy right now and should be home soon. Thanks for praying for her while she is at school.

    This is the 1st time I have blogged on someone other than Pam's blog. You can tell her that I finally did it!

    By Blogger Missy, at 1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home