Moments In Time

Monday, April 07, 2008

BUNNY TRAIL

Me, I live on bunny trails........

My thoughts are interrupted or I think of something because of another thought!!

We spent last week serving at camp. It was a special needs camp......there were some less needy in the families, and #4 and #5 were blessed to work with them in the mornings. They gave their hearts and energy and God blessed them......they expected nothing ad were blessed with memories and relationships and also unexpectedly rewarded monetarily!!! God is in the blessing business!!

We were blessed to have a nice RV to stay in that belonged to my niece and her husband. I received a gift card to a restaurant from the retreat staff, which I passed along to them, and were able to bless them.....they delivered and set up the home and returned to take it down and transport back here....they sure are sweet!!

The parents took up a love offering for kitchen staff, and I received some cash...about enough to pay gas....which has NEVER happened before---you see, I do this for the Lord...not Pat, not my friends, but because I am blessed to meet these families and pray for them and their children!!
Most of you know how my heart for kids is!! We never expected to receive anything but our meals for the week and to gain some new "friends" along the way, and to enjoy the fellowship of our friends who live and work there!!

Yes, there were several of the kids I could have brought home...they were adorable!! But many of them smile on the outside, and have an anger inside that can cause destruction of home, family and life. This was unique because there were very young (3) up to maybe aged 14! But God is in the miracle business and HE can change hearts and minds and homes, and offer HOPE....

Oh yes, this is our 4th year of doing this!!

2 Comments:

  • What a blessing to those kids and their families. Thanks for sharing!!!

    By Blogger Rita Loca, at 8:01 PM  

  • I see that you're back! It blessed my heart to read this. Just to know that I know you, someone who is committed to serving others. what a blessing you are to my soul. You are a very rare breed Pat. and your girls - oh how I love them!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home